AUTHOR: Donald Munro
Last week I ran a LinkedIn Success Systems training overview for fellow Collabor8te members. At an hour long over lunchtime hour, it really illustrated the value of coworking spaces bringing together such a variety of business people, allowing them to share experiences and learn from each other.
The workshop was part of Collabor8te’s Summer Skills Sessions and attendees brought their laptops, which meant real-time updates and improvements to their profiles! This demonstrates the practical nature of the advice and relatively simple steps required to start maximising the impact of your business using LinkedIn. More importantly we shattered some myths about LinkedIn and covered some tips on how to make your profile really stand out and start “attracting” the right kind of attention.
- Did you know that a massive 90% of decision makers don’t respond to cold calls? They are much more likely to respond to relationship builders who nurture the business ‘relationship’ and bring value to it.
- 75% of people who purchase your products and services will use digital media to find out about you and what you offer. To stay on top of your game you need a first-class active digital presence.
- Did you know that buyers will be 57% of their way through the buying process before they contact you? They know what they want. Your task is to be visible and at the forefront of their mind.
- Buying decisions are taken, on average, by 5.4 people. To be a successful salesperson you need to identify the circle of influence and address their concerns directly.
- These days the first introduction to you and your business is likely to be digital. It’s immensely important that profiles create a good first impression. Does yours?
One of the delegates, Katy Murdoch of Changeworks, commented “ ..a very productive session, even though it was only an hour.”
I’ve had a look back at the profiles of those who attended, and I’m seeing improvements already!
If you are interested in harnessing the power of the LinkedIn platform to boost your profile and build great leads that could generate future sales opportunities then we are about to launch a 1 day ‘Accelerate your Revenue with LinkedIn’ training course. The course will be held at Collabor8te’s new training suite and is aimed squarely at the 1-4-person business. For more information and prices please check out Donald’s website https://www.linkedinsuccesssystems.co.uk or contact him through LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/donaldmmunro/.